|Copyright: toa55 / 123RF Stock Photo
Did you know that basketball superstar Kobe Bryant is completely fluent in Italian? Or that actor Steve Buscemi, famous for playing odd-ball characters in neo noir films such as Fargo and Reservoir Dogs, used to be a New York City firefighter? We bet you also didn’t know that controversial talk-show host Jerry Springer was, once upon a time, the mayor of Cincinnati, or that actress Natalie Portman has been published in not one but two scientific journals – and is a Harvard alumnus!
The point we’re trying to make is that it’s easy to get caught up in someone’s – or something’s – more obvious attributes even though there might be some truly amazing things that you might not even be aware of.
Similarly, our superstar sliding gate motor, the D5-Evo, has some much-touted features such as its intelligent LCD interface and sophisticated motor control circuitry. But instead of going down that well-trodden path, this article will focus on some of the lesser-known (but no less impressive) features of CENTURION’s flagship operator. It will explore those hidden gems that you might not necessarily be aware of, but that have positioned the D5-Evo in a league of its own and, eight years since its official release, still reigning at the apex of sliding gate automation.
• Doped with a fire-retardant chemical agent ensuring that, in the unlikely event that a fire breaks out, it will be contained
• A solid metal gear provides superior anti-break-in strength
• The gears have been submerged in an oil bath for long-term reliability
• The worm-shaft is thread-rolled ensuring a smoother running surface
• The worm is supported by bearing at the top and bottom for added strength
• There is a coupling between the motor drive and the worm-shaft to rule out any chance of misalignment
• Six mounting screws secure the locating flange for the worm, providing strength against the gate being forced
• The switch-mode charger runs “cool” and ensures continued operation during brown-out conditions as low as 90V
• Only requires a single action to secure – saves time
• Convenient jacking bolts for easy adjustment
Intelligent LCD interface
• Easy setup via the wizard and visual feedback and information
• Sealed housing to prevent ingress of dirt, moisture and vermin
• Removable connectors for easy maintenance
• Audible feedback via onboard buzzer
• LEDs for easy fault-finding
• Adjustable speed
• Standard safety and sensitivity settings
• 80+ features onboard