UPDATED AS OF 5th April 2022
COMPANY: Centurion Systems (Pty) Ltd (the “Company” or “we” or “us”)
COMPANY LOCATION: Johannesburg, South Africa
JURISDICTION: South Africa law
Unit 13 Northlands Production Park
2162 South Africa
E-Mail: [email protected]
CONDITIONAL USE OF THIS SITE
- You may use this Site for your own personal, non-commercial, informational or entertainment purposes only.
- You may not copy, reproduce, reuse, retransmit, adapt, publish, frame, post, upload, modify, broadcast or distribute any Site Content in any way, including for any public or commercial purpose whatsoever, without our prior written permission, except that you may print a single copy of Site Content for your personal use and may print such portions of Site Content for educational purposes only as may be permitted under the copyright laws of the Jurisdiction.
- You may not use any third parties’ likenesses, names, and/or properties without their express permission.
- You may not send any material to the Site that is unlawful, harmful (including any virus), threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, indecent or profane or that could constitute or encourage a violation of any law.
- We may review, edit or delete materials you or others send to this Site, but are not obligated to do so.
- We may cancel any registration(s) or account(s) on this Site at any time, without notice or liability, for any reason, including if technical problems, irregularities or misuse occurs.
- We guarantee that personal information provided by the user will be employed solely for the purpose of providing any service that the user has requested.
- We guarantee that no user data, personal or otherwise, will ever be passed to external agencies or third parties for any reason unless required by law.
- In addition, this site uses Google Analytics to monitor website activity. For more information on how Google collects and processes data please see ‘How Google Uses Data When You Use Partner Sites Or Apps‘.
The following mobile applications have been developed to allow the user to configure or utilise our products:
In order to use our products, we ask for your personal data as well allowing us access to other information. We collect your data for the following reasons:
MyCentsys Pro uses your location to verify the location of your operator during limits setup; this is also used to ensure the correct settings are displayed in order to comply with automated gate regulations in your region. Certain phone models require that the location services be enabled in order for BLE connections to work.
MyCentsys Remote requires that the location services are enabled in order for BLE connections to work on some phone models.
All of the applications collect data that is used for fraud prevention, security, or compliance with laws. For example, monitoring failed login attempts to identify possible fraudulent activity. Account management
When you create an account or register any of our mobile applications, we store information such as your name, email address and password. This information allows you to sign in, and it helps us verify your account if you request customer support.
OWNERSHIP OF MATERIAL YOU SEND
We try to make the Site and its contents reliable, but inaccuracies may occur. Therefore, regardless of anything else on the Site or in these Terms:
- Use of the Site is at your own risk;
- The Site is provided to you “as is”; and
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we and our related parties:
- Disclaim all warranties regarding the Site, and shall not be responsible or liable for any damage due to:
- Statements, errors or omissions in the Site;
- Content infringing any third party’s rights;
- Viruses that may be transmitted to your computer;
- Linking to any other site or its nature or contents; or
- Any other matter regarding this Site and your use of it.
By using this Site, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless us and our related parties from all damages, costs, and expenses, including reasonable lawyer’s fees and costs, arising out of any of the following:
- Any claims for infringement of intellectual property rights, libel, defamation relating to any materials you send to the Site;
- Any activity relating to your internet account, including negligent or wrongful conduct by you or anyone using the site through your internet account;
- Your breach of any provision of these terms;
- Any other matter regarding this site and your use of it.
You agree to use best efforts to cooperate with us in the defence of any such matter. We reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you.
This Site may contain links to other websites that we do not own or operate. We do not control, recommend or endorse and are not responsible for these This Site may contain links to other websites that we do not own or operate. We do not control, recommend or endorse and are not responsible for these sites or their content, products, services or privacy policies. Downloading material from certain sites may risk infringing intellectual property rights or introducing viruses into your system. You should note when you leave this Site and read the privacy policies and terms of these other sites. You should also independently assess the authenticity of any website which appears or claims that it is one of our sites (including those linked to through an email).
We (or our associated or affiliated companies or third parties who have licensed its brands to Company or contributed to this Site) (“Content Owner”) own or license from third parties all Site Content. All Site Content remains the sole property of the applicable Content Owner and is protected under all relevant Copyright, Trademark and other applicable laws. Nothing on the Site should be construed as granting any license or rights to use or distribute any Site Content, without our express written agreement or of the other applicable Content Owner.
We control and operate the Site from the above Company Location (regardless of where hosting servers are located). All matters relating to the Site are governed by the laws of the above Jurisdiction, without reference to conflict or choice of law principles. You agree that jurisdiction and venue for any legal proceeding relating to the Site shall be in appropriate courts located in the above Jurisdiction. We do not warrant or imply that the Site or materials on it are appropriate for use outside of the above Country. The information set forth in this Site concerning any products or services is applicable only in the Jurisdiction and these products or services may not be available in all locations. If you are located outside of this Country, you are solely responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
All product and brand names accompanied by the ® symbol are registered trademarks in South Africa and/or other countries, in favour of Centurion Systems (Pty) Ltd, South Africa. The Centurion logo, all product and brand names in this document that are accompanied by the TM symbol are trademarks of Centurion Systems (Pty) Ltd, South Africa and other territories; all rights are reserved. We invite you to contact us for further details.
If for any reason, any provision herein is found void or unenforceable, it will be severed to the extent void or unenforceable and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
As used herein:
- “Damages” means any and all direct, special, indirect, consequential or punitive loss or other damages of any kind (whether in contract, including fundamental breach, tort, including negligence, or otherwise).
- “including” means “including, but not limited to”
- “materials sent to the Site” (and “materials you send to the Site” and other like terms) means anything emailed, uploaded, posted or otherwise transmitted or sent to the Site (whether information, text, material, data or code or other) by you or another user.
- “Related Parties” means all of our parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, Site Developers and other promotional partners.
- “Site Contents” means any and all information, text, images, audio, video, designs, names, logos, trademarks, data, code or other information, material or content on this Site.
- “Site Developer” means any party involved in creating, producing, delivering or maintaining the Site.
- “use of this Site” (and “using” and other like terms) means “any and all use of the Site of any kind whatsoever, including access to, browsing of, reviewing, posting of, transmitting, reviewing, downloading, and other using the Site or any material on the Site”.
- “Warranties” means any warranties or representations, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement or freedom from computer virus.
Please note, we may change information on this Site and/or these Terms, at any time without notice. You should regularly review these Terms for any changes. By continuing to use the Site, you agree to any changes, and by providing continued access to the Site we are providing you consideration for agreement to such changes.
The enactment of South Africa’s Protection of Personal Information Act, which officially came into effect on 1st July 2020, seeks to promote data integrity through the protection of personal information processed by public and private bodies and regulating how this data is used.
Centurion Systems exercises compliance with this Act by:
· Getting consent before sharing information
· Collecting information for valid reasons
· Being transparent and accountable about how data will be used
· Notifying users if their data has been compromised
· Providing users with access to their data and enabling them to have it removed or deleted if they wish
· Ensuring that there are adequate measures in place to track the access to their information
· Providing information on how and where their information is stored
· Ensuring their information is stored correctly and responsibly maintained
In summary, CENTURION embraces the ethical and transparent use and processing of personal information.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this Site, please contact us at the above “Contact” address, telephone number or e-mail.